Friday, August 24, 2012

Broiled Broccoli and/or Cauliflower

This is a really easy recipe that you can't really fail (I won't say fail proof because I've met people who burned boiled eggs....). I didn't use any this time, but I have mixed in cauliflower and it too, turns out delish!

1 head of broccoli (and or cauliflower)
olive oil
seasoning of choice (I used steak seasoning this time)
Set oven to broil.
Cut the hard stems off the broccoli, then cut the florets and remaining broccoli stems into very small chunks (if you haven't already, rinse your broccoli).  Spread the broccoli out on a nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over top then sprinkle on desired amount of seasoning. Broil until the broccoli is tender and slightly brown. You can brown it as much at you want, I like mine to have a little crisp.
I've also baked the broccoli at 400; it takes longer but you don't have to worry as much about burning it.

P.S.
And if you're wondering what I have with the broccoli, it's a Chicken Pillow, found HERE.
With hungry thoughts from the kitchen;
Gabrielle W.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. ~1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment