Monday, August 27, 2012

Red Beans and Rice

I really am not pleases with this picture...I stirred the rice into the red bean mixture and to me, this doesn't make the dish look very good. But trust me, the picture is lying, this dish is delish!
1/2 lb of dried red beans
1/2 cups of water
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2-1 lb beef sausage, sliced
2 TBS creole seasoning...Creole seasoning tastes just like Cajun seasoning to me, you can make the mix HERE,)

Place ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook, covered, at HIGH 6 hours or until beans are tender. Serve with hot cooked rice.

With hungry thoughts from the kitchen;
Gabrielle W.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. ~1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment